The Holiday Inn Houston Downtown is excited to share an opening in our houskeeping department for Laundry Attendant!
- Sort all laundry after removing from laundry chute.
- Maintain and operate all laundry equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Separate and wash terry separate from linen.
- Ensure that all linen and terry is free of stains and tears prior to washing.
- Pre-spot stained linen and terry before rewashing.
- Fold linen in accordance with established procedures.
- Fold and stack clean towels, removing any stained or torn linen/terry and place in appropriate storage location.
- Check/refill washer chemicals as needed.
- Stock, clean and maintain laundry carts, storage areas, and laundry racks.
- Clean guest rooms during peak periods, if necessary, while maintaining productivity standards.
- Assist with or perform Linen Inventory as required.
- Perform other various duties as required or assigned.
*Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of 2 years of high school.
*Previous experience in cleaning helpful, but not required.
* Requires ability to walk and stand during entire work shift. Requires ability to lift and carry linen supplies. Requires ability to lift up to 35 pounds routinely.